Saturday, October 18, 2008

Gate gaurding trolls...


I really wanted to be outside today....really outside, not just in my backyard where I can hear the traffic rushing frantically by. So I thought it would be a great evening to go on a picnic, we could take the dogs, get some food and go to the lake. I was really looking forward to it...I NEEDED to be outside, but I miscalculated the time, and we left too late so it was getting dark. I decided instead of going to the place I had originally intended, we would try to get into Ceder Ridge. Now, I knew that Cedar Ridge does not 'really ' allow day time use, but I figured (counted on) the fact that if you went and asked nicely and told the attendant that you were just going to eat dinner and leave, they would let you in, I mean, what is thirty minutes? So we got there, and I asked nicely, and the man at the booth turned me down flat. He told me, we could go to Temple Lake Park, they allow day usage, but we better hurry because he was sure they were about to close. If looks could have killed! I was so angry, there is that whole beautiful lake, and it is all gated off and guarded by assholes. WHY??? What would it have hurt to let us go and enjoy the lake for the evening, maybe we would have even picked up some of the ridiculous litter, actually improving the park for the other users. I could have spit, I was so mad. And sad, I was pretty sad too. I missed Tahoe today. I REALLY wanted to be outside, I wanted to be surrounded by nature, I wanted to be close to God there, I wanted to share it with my baby, I wanted to watch my dogs get excited about it, I wanted to sit with my husband in a beautiful place and remember the things we liked to do together. I cried on the way home, I could not help it, the tears just would not stop. We ate our Chick-fil-a at the table and drank good beer (thanks Matthew, the Belgian Ale was great!) and talked about doing something next weekend, with actually planning so as to not get thwarted by the absurd. Some days I ache for what I had and lost, which is ridiculous, because what I do have is so good, and so totally right, and sometimes so hard.

5 comments:

Sherry Caffey said...

Next time tell them you are going to the marina. Then they let you in.

Kim said...

I'm challenging you to look for what makes Temple great...and hoping you find it faster than I did when we moved. Tahoe will always be great in it's own way and Temple will be great in a totally different way. I'll be praying for you...and the mean man at the gate.

Williams Family said...

I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy your time at the lake like you wanted to. I know that it has been really hard for you to move back to plain ol Temple but your family is thankful that you are here. We love you very much!

sarah said...

I get incredibly cranky when I can't get outside.

Sometimes what you left behind is good and what you have is good and dealing with that is indeed hard.

:-) I hope next time is better!

sarah said...

You know, I often feel like I'm just tossing aimless words out into a meaningless void - so your comment really meant a lot to me. Thank you :-]
love,sj