Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hello, my name is Kelly...and I am an addict!

I cannot take full responsibility, in fact it really is not even my fault at all, I am genetically predisposed to a weakness for buying things used. From early childhood I was programed by watching my dad scour the thrifty nickle for good deals, it was especially exciting if someone (anyone) actually NEEDED something, but it was most certainly not a requirement. But seriously, my relationship with craigslist is borders on obsession...I look on there everyday, more on the weekends, and not just for stuff I might need. I have been looking at horses for sale for the last year, and I am not even remotely in the market. There is just something about finding a good deal on on item that you know is expensive, and then you get to pay a fraction of the cost. The backpack that I posted below, I paid $15!!! It is a $200 pack, what a thrill, it makes my heart race. As far as baby stuff goes, my poor kid my never get a new item (from her parents, at least) until she gets her own job, it is just ridiculous how much is available. Maybe I will even scar my own kids for life....

3 comments:

sherry said...

From the wife of an addict: I walk into the room and Dad's on the computer. I ask "what are you looking for?" He says "I'm just looking." I think looking and looking and looking. Craig's List and Ebay has taken the Thrifty Nickle to a new level.

sherry said...

Today on Craig's list I found 4 blue goblets $5, shower curtain $15,2 wicker baskets $10, how can anyone pass up such a bargain. I will know where to find it if anyone just happens to ask. Dad

Williams Family said...

I thought about getting something like that backpack. I bet that it is a lot better than the front ones. They hurt your back! I love craigs list as well. I not only buy on there but I have sold a few things. I put the girls bed on there and it was gone that same day! I was so hooked after that!