Friday, August 21, 2009

Three things

In the spirit of blogging more often here are a few quick things I wanted to share:

1. I am working on the new site. I think I have a name picked out, which has turned out to be a much more involved process than I expected. What blog name represents me at this moment...hhhmmm....or should I just go with something totally random? Also, I am really frustrated with the lack of blogging providers on the web. I did not want to go with Goggle, nothing against Goggle, it is just that I wanted more from my blogging provider. Turns out you have to know more about computers to get more out of your blog. Goggle definitely holds the power over the computer semi-literate.

2. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, my official go to site for all things cooking, and have made it twice in the last week. The first time I followed the recipe exactly and it was out of this world. The second time (a mere three days later) I used blue cheese instead of fete, because that is what I had, and added some chopped cherry tomatoes. It was so very, very good. I would make it again tonight if I had thawed chicken, but in a stroke of good fortune I found some lost steaks in the back of the freezer!

Feta Chicken Salad


INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

  • 3 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 2 large stalks celery, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 6 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
  • 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
  • 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a serving bowl, mix together the chicken, celery, and red onion. In a separate bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, feta cheese, and dill. Pour over the chicken mixture, and stir to blend. Taste, and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving.

3. I am comfortably wearing clothes that were not-so-comfortable last week, and I am not-so-comfortably wearing clothes I could only look at two weeks ago. GO MAKER'S DIET!!

No comments: