Monday, August 17, 2009

My Place in the World Wide Web

I really like blogging. Which I know you cannot tell from the frequency of my post, but really I like it a lot. I have tons of ideas that I want to share on my blog, I even write them down, and save the pieces of paper, or lose them or something, but more effort is made on the part of this blog than is evident on it's pages.

My problem (one of) is that I am really stuck on the name of the blog, and the meaning that goes along with it. I started this blog as a consolation to span the miles for my mother and the rest of my family in Texas when I lived in Californian and found myself suddenly pregnant. Hence the From 2000 Miles Away title. For some crazy reason God found it fit to remove us from paradise and plant us in Texas. When that happened I was reeeaaally bitter and so I decided to keep the name but in MY mind I knew that it meant I was 2000 miles away from where I thought I was supposed to be, wanted to be, was meant to be. For a very long time every fiber of my being wanted to be 2000 miles from Texas, but alas, it was not in the cards.

Over the last 12 months God has gently but firmly guided me through that bitterness to a place of contentment, GLORY HALLELUJAH. Can I say that again, do you know what a huge answer to prayer and great joy it is that I can say I am content to be here, because it is where God has us and I do not want to be anywhere that is outside of where He wants us. I wish you knew how huge that was, that I can say that, and mean it, and walk in peace. I still miss Tahoe, and everything that it was for us, and my heart longs to be close to those people and places mean so much to me. However, I know without a shadow of a doubt that my family is where we are supposed to be for whatever reason, to the glory of God, until He moves us again...or does not, only He knows. So the problem with the name of the blog is that for me it symbolizes two periods of time in my life that were full of happiness and hiking and bitterness and pouting, and I just want to be done with all of that. We are here, that is good, lets move on.

Like I said, I really like to blog, and I plan on making more time and honing my skills in the art. There are so many blogs that I read and they are a daily blessing in my life. I want to be that in a small way to others who visit my blog and read what I have to say. I want to write about being a mom, and a wife, and a Christian, and a member of this community, a person on this planet interacting with the land and influencing the lives of the people I am directly in contact with and those that I will never meet. I want to share how we are growing and changing and living. God has been so very active in our life, always, but I am becoming increasingly aware of what He is up to and I want to share that with everyone really, but here is a good place to start.

I am working on a new home for this project, one that leaves bitterness and joy behind to embrace a new future. I will let you know what the new name is, and where to find me in a little bit. I am so excited!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

:) yay!

Stacey said...

Glad to hear it and can't wait to see what you have in store for us.